Apr 13, 2010

my Kinetic Honda is 20 years now

I got my Kinetic Honda on March 26, 1990.



Some of my friends and BMS classmates teased me for choosing a ladies vehicle but I did not care; what I wanted was a multi-purpose vehicle. I really liked the self-start feature, the lighting, the instrument panel, seating comfort, the acceleration, the braking... and I could keep riding in rains without getting my feet dirty. I nick-named it 'WIFE'. We have traveled 120,000 kilometers; within city and out station trips put together.

Some of places visited are listed below (start & end point is Bangalore)-

It has served like a goods carrier to move load cell elements and other items. I remember carrying close to 120kg on the floor board. The front wheel would start wobbling if I tried pushing beyond 35kmph and the rear wheel would lift off the ground every time I braked hard. Basically the scooter is rugged, it could take rough usage.


Right now it's not in running condition. I wish to get it back on road... lot of work to be done.
  • engine work
  • replace tires
  • replace battery
  • repaint body

.........

3 comments:

Harsh M said...

Hats off. The Ki Ho truly is a great Scooter! I just love it. By the way, my KiHo gives me 50-55 KMPL!!!

Unknown said...

Hi there, nice blog. Me and my hubbie would like to visit nandi hills on our kinetic. was wondering how the ghat roads were as I would be riding in parts. Did you guys switch off the engine downhill? Need some tips, Kusum

siddeshwar said...

Thank you, Kusum. Length of ghat section on Nandi Betta is about 8 kms and the road is in good condition. Kinetic Honda can manage the climb comfortably, of course that depends on the vehicle's condition and the load its carrying. Going uphill, in sharp & steep turns try to stay on the outside but beware of oncoming traffic. While going downhill suggest you to keep the engine running because it helps controls speed. Kinetic Honda clutch disengages only the vehicle speed is below 20 kmph - so keep the engine running while going downhill. Have a good trip!