Nov 13, 2008

Shishunala Sharif's tomb, Shishuvinahala

Santa Shishunala Sharif's mortal remains are buried in this grave at Shishuvinhnala village in Haveri District.
Shishunala Sharif, the was a XVIII Century philosopher and poet. His compositions conveyed profound messages, they were easily accepted by common people. Sharif was a disciple of Guru Govinda Bhat, Sharif's dedication towards his Guru was an example to look upto.

I visited Shishunala again years later, see how Shishunala Sharif's tomb had changed.
.........

4 comments:

time-travels said...

The village name is Shishuvinahalla ? is it so ?

siddeshwar said...

Yes, the full form is Shishuvinahala (single l) but people generally use its shortened version Shishunala.

Unknown said...

Sir I am visiting shishunala sharifajja tomb,since 1992.Its my favourite place. My native village lies near to shishunala village.In fact i visited most of the places which Sharifajja used to visit.I have uploaded those photos and videos in my YouTube channel Umesha Nomad Videos. PL see.Thank u

siddeshwar said...

Namaste Umesha. Could you please share the names of the places Sharifajja visited.