Jul 18, 2009

Navalur Gudda

I'd seen this hill from Dharwad - Hubli road several times. And wanted to come here. Mom told me that she had visited long back with her grandfather. I kept postponing the visit untill one Februsry Sunday. It was bright and warm.

I drove through the narrow streets of Navalur, a dusty village. On the other side of the village, I had to drive my Omni on the dirt track, a SUV would've been better for such a road.


That's Basavanna temple. I saw a dozen Muslim women and kids in the temple. The poojari was a Hindu. By the looks of the temple, it's half way through it's so called 'renovation'. I wish people could leave the temple structure as it is and pray sincerely.

The stretching plains of Bayaluseeme. From here its mostly black soil fields as far as the eye can see.



The white patches are called 'kana', here farmers process their produce, the grains are separated from the husk.



That's a small cave behind the temple.


This pond, for the cattle grazing on these hills (I wonder what they get to eat) is like an oasis in the middle of a desert. Not just for the animals but also the cattle herd boys too.

.........

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can u share the location of this place

siddeshwar said...

View the blog in web version, location is given just before the comments section.