Jul 23, 2009

Devarayanadurga

Think it was sometime mid 1995. it was a solo trip on my Hero Honda Splendor, Took a short break 2 kms before Kortagere village.


It was a cloudy day, morning air was laden with mist.


Snaky road climbing the slopes towards Yoga Narasimha temple.


Ruins of Devarayanadurga fort and stairway to Yoga Narasimha temple. It was too early for temple doors to be open. I looked for a way to the hill top.. reaching the fort ruins was the purpose of this visit but I did not wait until the doors opened.


View point near Bhoga Narasimha temple.



Plains between the hills of Devarayanadurga hill range as seen from the view point. I did not spend much time here. Soon I was riding down the till..


..towards Tumkur, I stopped by a forest department station where few deer are reared. Within the forest department campus is a fresh water spring known as Namada Chilume.


On the way back to Bangalore, rain poured down between Nelemangala and Peenya, it was so heavy that visibility was barely 200 meters.

.........

No comments: